Client feedback and continuous improvement are important to us at Swaab and form a key component of our Swaab Brand of…
Employment Law | Associate/Senior Associate with 3 ‑7 years PQE
We are looking for a talented and motivated Associate/Senior Associate with 3 ‑7 years PQE to work closely with a Partner in a broad range of employment related matters, acting for employers and senior employees.
About the role
This role will see you assisting and acting for clients in employment, workplace relations and WHS law and will include:
- Assisting in representation of clients in courts and tribunals (including the Fair Work Commission) in employment law matters such as unfair dismissal, general protections, bullying, industrial disputes, enterprise agreement approval and discrimination
- Drafting advice for clients on a range of employment, industrial relations, discrimination and WHS matters
- Drafting employment contracts and workplace policies
- Preparing and delivering workplace training
- Assisting clients address WHS issues and defend WHS prosecutions
- Research various aspects of employment and WHS law
- Involvement in the drafting of articles and preparation of conference presentations on employment law issues
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have a background in employment and WHS law, a demonstrated working knowledge of industrial relations, WHS and employment related legislation, an understanding of industrial awards and their application in the workplace and experience in representation of members before the Fair Work Commission and other Courts and Tribunals.
You will be a team player who takes on tasks with pride and enthusiasm, has excellent drafting skills and attention to detail, is a good communicator and demonstrates a willingness to learn and take on responsibility. You will also have a passion for building strong client relationships with exposure to business development and a desire to build your own profile, practice and advance your career.
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy, we know they will look after our clients and themselves. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for please apply now. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.