Lawyers Weekly have covered the Swaab brand refresh in an article titled ‘Mid-tier firm rebrands with new name.’ The article…
Employment Lawyer — 3 – 5years PQE
Great opportunity for an experienced Employment Lawyer to join a small but highly regarded team working closely with 2 Partners.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial firm
- Service focused team
- Wellness focussed initiatives
Swaab is a multi-award winning commercial law firm with an entrenched commitment to our clients and our colleagues which we live through our own Swaab Brand of Service.
Swaab proudly serves the middle market; those listed companies, SMEs, family businesses, wealthy individuals, entrepreneurs and start-ups that want a responsive and nimble team of experts who celebrate their contribution to the broader Australian economy.
Our key areas of practice are property, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, litigation, insolvency, transport and franchising. We work across a number of industries including property, retail and fashion, health, professional services, transport and media. In addition to our commercial practice we also have a highly reputable family law team.
Swaab is a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and is its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
We are looking for a bright and motivated Solicitor to work closely with two partners in a broad range of employment related matters, acting for both employers and employees. This role will see you assisting and acting for clients in Employment, Discrimination and WHS law and will include: :
- drafting advices on a range of employment related matters
- assisting in the drafting of individual flexibility arrangements, letters of appointment and common law contracts in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, clerical, retail, building and construction and professional services
- assisting in the drafting and approval of enterprise agreements
- assisting with the representation of both employees and employers in termination, discrimination and bullying matters in the commission.
- assisting in the drafting of articles covering employment related issues in a wide range of publications
- researching various aspects of employment and workplace relations law
- assist with providing advice in relation to WHS
This is a permanent full time role, but applications for permanent part time at 4 days per week will also be considered.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a team player who takes on tasks with pride and enthusiasm, has excellent drafting skills and attention to detail, is a good communicator and demonstrates a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
3- 5 years years PQE experience in employment law is preferred, but not essential.
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy we know they will look after our clients and themselves. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, then please apply for this position. All applications will be treated in strict confidence