A key factor in maintaining our differentiation is embracing innovation, diversity and the fresh perspectives that come to our firm…
IT Support- Professional Services
- CBD Location
- Professional, Dynamic and Friendly environment
- Award winning Law Firm
- People & wellness focused initiatives
We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm.
Established in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are family law, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
With the firm continuing to grow, there is a need to expand our IT team. This is a newly created position reporting to and supporting the Head of IT. The successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- working to resolve support requests, phone calls and walk-up requests
- continually improving all systems, applications and infrastructure
- supporting the server environment including performance monitoring, system upgrades, patch management and BCP monitoring and testing
- maintaining the desktop environment, including OS deployment, software updates, hardware refreshes and asset assignment
- participating in IT projects to roll out changes to the environment
- handling setups, changes and IT inductions for new hires, relocations and departures
- maintaining system documentation and end-user supporting documentation
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a bright, motivated, IT support person who has 3 – 5‑years’ experience working within a support and systems role within a professional services firm. While experience in the legal industry would be advantageous, it is not a key requirement.
Candidates that demonstrate a history of working in face to face support within an office environment, have worked within a team of IT professionals and are looking for more responsibility, autonomy and ownership with delivering IT support and solutions will be highly considered.
To succeed in this role, we are seeking a candidate who:
- enjoys the challenge problem solving
- always looks for ways to improve and simplify systems and process
- is personable, willing to assist and people (client) focused
- understands risk and its importance in business
- self-motivated and can work autonomously whilst working in a team
Technically you will have most, if not all of the following skills:
- Significant experience working with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft 365 apps and deploying and supporting desktop software
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server (2012 and above), Active Directory (inc Azure AD), Exchange and SharePoint online, virtualised infrastructure, backup and DR solutions, networking and security,
- PowerShell, VBScript, SQL and Python languages
- Exposure to Linux would be advantageous
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy, we know they will look after our clients and themselves. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts. Your wellbeing and that of all our team is our priority and we work hard to continually work on our culture.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity that you want to explore further, please send your resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a suitable candidate to Angela Sharpe, Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.