Working along side Helen Kowal — Partner, Property, Planning & Projects, Christian’s appointment recognises the increase demand from our clients for…
Lawyer – Property
- CBD Location
- Professional, Dynamic and Friendly environment
- Award winning Law Firm
- People & wellness focused initiatives
We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm.
Established in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are family law, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
We are looking for a bright, motivated, client focussed, experienced Lawyer with minimum 6 years PQE to work directly with our Partners in the Property, Planning and Projects (PPP) team.
This will be a broad role working on the following:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements for lease and leases and ancillary documents
- Advising clients (vendors and purchases) in all stages of a very broad range of commercial property transactions
- Acting for clients in the sale and acquisitions of commercial, industrial property and rural land
- Advising land owners in relation to the development of land including advising on development agreements, joint venture agreements and access licences
- Experience in title structuring and drafting easements, restrictions of use and positive covenants
- Carrying out property due diligence
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have at least 6 years post qualifying experience as a Property lawyer in a similar role and be technically competent in the area of property law. It is important that you are a strong communicator, you pride yourself in your high attention to detail and you plan your time effectively to meet deadlines.