A key factor in maintaining our differentiation is embracing innovation, diversity and the fresh perspectives that come to our firm…
Legal Secretary — Employment
- CBD Location
- Professional, Dynamic and Friendly environment
- Award winning Law Firm
- People & wellness focused initiatives
We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm.
Established in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are family law, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Legal Secretary to provide support to a Partner and Senior Associate in our Employment team as well as supporting a solicitor in our Property and Commercial group.
This role will see you providing much valued support in the following ways:
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Preparing briefs to Counsel
- End of month billing
- Opening/closing files
- Dictaphone typing
- Diary management and organising meetings
- Liaising with clients and internal departments
- Assist in marketing activities, such as preparation and typing of documents, presentations, etc.
- Coordinating conferences and seminar arrangements
- General administration/secretarial duties
Skills & Experience
To be suitable for the role, you must be a strong administrator with at least 3 years’ relevant experience as a Legal Secretary. The following describes your strengths and attributes:
- Positive, proactive and motivated nature
- Pride in service delivery with a can-do attitude
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines whilst being calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence and good judgement liaising with clients
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment
- MS office suite experience at an intermediate level
Experience in Affinity and File Site Document Management would be highly regarded but is not essential.
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy we know they will look after our clients. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for please apply now, directing your application to Angela Sharpe , Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.