Michael Byrnes and Jerome Doraisamy discuss the WHS issues that law firms across the board need to be aware of…
Legal Secretary — Litigation
Exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Legal Secretary to work in our busy and well-respected Litigation practice group
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Legal Secretary to provide support to one Partner, one Senior Associate, one Associate and two Solicitors in our well-respected Litigation practice group. They have a thriving practice which keeps them very busy and we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and client focussed Legal Secretary to help support them. This role will see you providing much valued support in the following ways:
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Preparing briefs to Counsel
- End of month billing
- Opening/closing files
- Dictaphone typing
- Diary management and organising meetings
- Liaising with clients and internal departments
- Assist in marketing activities, such as preparation and typing of documents, presentations, etc.
- Coordinating travel, conferences and seminar arrangements
Skills & Experience
To be suitable for the role, you must be a strong administrator with at least 3 years’ experience in Litigation. Experience in a litigation practice is essential to ensure this busy Litigation practice continues to run smoothly and efficiently. The following describes your strengths and attributes:
- Positive, proactive and motivated nature
- Pride in service delivery with a can-do attitude
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines whilst being calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence and good judgement liaising with clients
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment
- MS office suite experience at an intermediate level
Experience in Affinity and File Site Document Management would be highly regarded but is not essential.
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy we know they will look after our clients. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for please apply now, directing your application to Nicola Brown, Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.