Michael Byrnes and Jerome Doraisamy discuss the WHS issues that law firms across the board need to be aware of…
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Seeking a motivated Marketing & Events Coordinator with 2+ years’ experience who is proactive, accomplished, passionate and eager to learn
We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm and have been a finalist in the BRW Client Choice Awards for many years. We have won three times with the most recent win being Best Law Firm (rev under $50m) and Best NSW Firm at the BRW Client Choice Awards. We also have been nominated as a finalist in the 2015 Australian Law Awards for employee program of the year.
Established by Fredrick Swaab, in Sydney, in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
The Marketing function of the firm is core to the firm’s success. We develop innovative ways to help our clients grow their business, manage risks, successfully complete transactions and resolve disputes.
We are currently seeking a part time Marketing & Events Coordinator to work 4 days per week, with a view to eventually move full time. Ideally this person will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role, and is proactive, accomplished, passionate and eager to learn.
In your role as Marketing & Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- supporting our Head of Client Development & Brand in executing the firms marketing and business development strategy
- coordinating and managing internal and external client events
- assisting with the preparation of firm pitches/tenders
- coordinating and assisting with all internal and external communications
- manage marketing content on the firm’s intranet and internet pages
- co-ordinating the production of the firm’s monthly e-Newsletters and EDM campaigns
- maintaining and producing firm marketing collateral
- managing the client database
- assisting with social media content development
- tracking and reporting on marketing and business development activities
Skills & Experience
- relevant tertiary qualifications
- 2+ years’ marketing experience, preferably gained in the professional services sector
- strong verbal and written communication across all levels
- effective time management skills, including the ability to deal with multiple tasks and manage conflicting deadlines
- ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- strong attention to detail
- previous experience in event management and logistics an advantage
- intermediate MS office skills and;
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop experience is desirable
This role is based in our offices in the CBD and provides an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a busy team. This is a fabulous opportunity for a bright, savvy and passionate marketing superstar who is looking to further their career and really make a difference in a firm that is staying ahead of the changes in the profession.
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy we know they will look after our clients. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for please apply now, directing your application to Nicola Brown, Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.