We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm.
Established in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are family law, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated and proactive Paralegal to provide support in our property team. This role will see you providing much valued support in the following ways:
• Assisting with leasing file management
• Preparation for settlements
• Property searches
• Preparing, formatting and editing documents including deeds, leases, agreements and contracts
• Management of various correspondence
• Liaising with internal and external clients
• Conducting searches
Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. The following describes your strengths and attributes:
• Experienced in leasing in a busy and high volume role
• Proficient in PEXA
• Positive, proactive and motivated nature
• Pride in service delivery with a can-do attitude
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines whilst being calm under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confidence and good judgement when liaising with clients
• Adaptability and flexibility to work
• MS office suite experience at an intermediate level
Workplace culture is everything to us, because when our people are happy, we know they will look after our clients and themselves. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts. Your wellbeing and that of all our team is a high priority and we work hard to continually work on our culture.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also benefit from the following:
- Salary continuance insurance
- Career progression
- Gym/wellness contribution
- Excellent workplace environment and culture
- Flexibility including work from home 1 day per week
- Regular team building and social events
- Supportive team and firm
- Purchased leave
- Flu shots
- Annual legal allowance
- Various other well-being initiatives
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity that you want to explore further, please apply now, directing your application to Angela Sharpe, Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.