We are a multi-award winning, commercial law firm.
Established in 1981 we have grown to become a haven for innovation, entrepreneurship, family business, SMEs, corporates, high-net-worth individuals and government clients. We hold a unique position in the market place, as a firm with both full-service Commercial and Family law offerings. Our success has been a result of putting our people and clients first by living our values of: Commitment, Integrity, Excellence, Generosity of Spirit, Unity and Innovation. Our strong and enduring culture has been the result of developing and nurturing long-term client relationships.
Our key areas of practice are family law, corporate, commercial, intellectual property and technology, employment law, property, planning, construction, litigation, insolvency and franchising.
We are a member of Meritas, a global alliance of independent, full service law firms and are its only Sydney based member. This allows us to keep in touch globally, provide extended services to our clients and gives us the exposure and opportunity to work with international businesses.
About the role
We currently have a rare opportunity for a Planning & Environment Lawyer to work under the guidance of a Doyle’s recommended Partner and a Doyle’s Rising Star Senior Associate in our well-respected Planning team.
The role will provide exposure to both advisory and litigation work, with the opportunity to engage with a wide range of clients, from developers, government departments, and agencies across a variety of planning and environment matters. You will be expected to run your own conciliation conferences.
Development and growth is important to us and you will receive ongoing guidance and mentoring.
Skills & Experience
Whilst your multi-tasking, ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills will be a given, we also require the following:
- You must possess a Bachelor of Laws or equivalent qualification and be admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW;
- Demonstrated experience in the specialist area of Planning and Environment Law;
- Be experienced in dealing with Class 1 matters;
- 2 — 5 years’ PAE as a solicitor;
- Litigation / Court experience is a must however there will be an element of front end advisory and back end litigation work involved in this role;
- Superior problem-solving skills and a practical common-sense approach.
This role would suit someone who has a passion for building strong client relationships and proven experience in business development with a desire to build their own practice.
Workplace culture is important to us, because when our people are happy we know they will look after our clients and themselves. Swaab is a place where people feel they can innovate, collaborate and develop their careers and are rewarded for their efforts. Our people are the key to our success and we believe in recognising the value that they bring to the firm.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for please apply now, directing your application to Angela Sharpe, Head of People and Culture. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in environment & planning law?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?