Property, Planning & Projects, Consultant
I am a specialist in planning, development and construction of major commercial, retail, infrastructure, agricultural, local government and other projects in Australia and overseas. I have previously been retained by institutions wishing to have ‘suites’ of construction documents prepared, including for the engagement of consultants, project certifiers, contractors, construction project and development managers and construction project securities. In particular, I have also advised Japanese contractors operating in Australia.
I have been involved in a number of major harbourside developments and projects including tenders for marina developments and conversions, port loading facilities in the re-configured ports of Port Kembla and Newcastle and development of new major infrastructure facilities involving pipelines and loading terminals in New South Wales, particularly when constrained by environmental concerns.
- Developing strategic acquisition and leasing plans for local retail subsidiaries of US parents such as Disney Corporations, Toys R Us and Burger King
- Providing SAS Trustee Corporation and Axiom Funds Management Corporation; The Prudential Assurance Company; Microsoft; James Hardie Industries; G.E. Crane & Sons Limited; Airservices Australia and Kumagai with leasing advice
- Advising on the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of the Melbourne Central project and Daimaru Complex, one of Australia’s largest private infrastructure projects
- Property law
- Construction law
- Local Government law
- Resources Native title
Roles, memberships and education
- LLB, Sydney University 1975
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Courts NSW & Victoria March 1976
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the High Court 1976
- Member – Australian Institute of Energy