It is not uncommon for you and your former partner to find yourself in tight financial circumstances following separation. You…
Senior Associate, Family Law
As an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, with a Master of Laws focusing on family law and related matters, I have the expertise to deal with all issues which arise from the breakdown of relationships. I am dedicated to providing direct, pragmatic advice to my clients, with the aim to facilitate an early resolution to their matter, where possible.
Having previously worked in the Federal Circuit Court, and having had significant litigation experience in my practice, I am also well able to represent clients in contested Court proceedings, when necessary.
As an experienced practitioner I am sensitive to the stresses involved in family law disputes. I aim to enable clients to get on with their lives as quickly as possible, often engaging appropriate multidisciplinary experts and supports, such as clinical psychologists, both to support clients and their children, and to work towards a successful outcome for all involved.
I have more than ten years’ experience in Family Law, having worked in the Federal Circuit Court as a Judge’s Associate, prior to entering into private practice.
I have a thorough understanding of complex parenting and property disputes, inclusive of matters involving third parties, and the ability to work with practitioners from other legal specialties, where matters require this. I have expertise where one (or both) parties reside outside of Australia, and am happy to work with clients who reside overseas.
- Property settlements (divorce and defacto), including complex matters involving corporate entities, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds.
- Complex parenting disputes
- Preparation of Binding Financial Agreements (pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and de facto)
- Child Support
- International parenting and property disputes
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Sydney, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Sydney, 2006
- Master of Laws, University of Sydney, 2017
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law — Law Society of NSW
- Member — Family Law Section of the Law Council
- Member — Law Society of NSW
- Sessional Lecturer in the School of Law, University of Notre Dame