It is well established that restraints of trade in employment contracts will not be enforced by a court if they are…
Partner, Commercial, Employment, Franchising
As an experienced employment law and franchising lawyer, I combine my commercial expertise and pragmatic approach to every aspect of my practice. After extensive experience in the United Kingdom and Australia, I joined Swaab in 1997.
As a practitioner with a special focus on franchising I help a number of national service based franchisors.
My employment practice consists of drafting employment agreements and contractor agreements, advising on award coverage, statutory entitlements and the rights and obligations of both employees and employers including under the Fair Work Act, and whether restraint of trade clauses are enforceable. I provide advice in disciplining and termination of employees including unfair dismissal claims, claims for adverse action and discrimination based claims. In addition, I regularly advise on defamation issues.
- Advising employers and employees generally in connection with employment issues
- Advising in relation to award coverage and statutory obligations of employers
- Acting for employers and employees in connection with claims arising from termination of employment including unfair dismissal claims and claims arising under the General Protection Provisions
- Drafting contractor agreements
- Advising in relation to restraint of trade
- Assisting franchisors in connection with their operations
- Drafting franchise agreements and drafting and settling disclosure documents
- Advising generally in connection with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Advising on competition issues concerning the Australian Competition and Consumer Act
- Proof reading and advising generally in relation to defamation
- As a Notary Public assisting individuals and organisations with various notarial and authentication service.
- Employment Law
- Commercial law
Roles, memberships and education
- Notary Public having been admitted in 2006
- Member of LEADR having qualified as a mediator in 2003
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia