As a member of Swaab’s commercial and corporate practice, I have experience providing advice and representing clients in a wide range of business transactions, including sale and purchase of businesses, franchising, commercial and retail leases, Corporation Act matters and other commercial and transactional contracts.
I also have experience in acting in family provision matters; preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Appointments of Enduring Guardian; and obtaining grants of probate, letters of administration and subsequent estate administration and management.
My primary focus is always for clients to achieve their goals in a commercially efficient manner and, if avoidable, without resorting to litigation.
- Acting for clients on all aspects of sale and acquisition of businesses, shares and units, including preparing, negotiating and advising on necessary documentations in readiness for exchange and completion
- Advising clients in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, construction, retail and cosmetics
- Drafting Shareholders’ Agreement, Share Subscription Agreement as well as loan and security documents
- Drafting and negotiating Intellectual Property Licence and assignment agreements, including software licence agreements
- Providing strategic and general advice on commercial, contractual and intellectual property disputes, including matters arising from Australian Consumer Law (ACL), Corporation Act 2001 (Cth) and Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- Advising, drafting and negotiating documents with respect to manufacturing, joint development, distribution and supply for major pharmaceutical companies in Australia and New Zealand
- Advising and preparing commercial and retail shop leases, including disputes relating to enforceability of lease terms and current market rent
- Grants of Probate, Letters of Administration and administration of estate
- Succession and Family Provisions claims, representing both the estate and the claimant, including disputes involving issues including testamentary capacity, intestacy and Succession Act 2006 (NSW)
- Estate planning including preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Appointment of Enduring Guardian
- Advising and drafting necessary documents establishing Family and Distribution Trust having regard to stamp duty provision and other tax implications
- Commercial and Corporate law
- Wills, Estate, Probate and Family Provision
Roles, memberships and education
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of New South Wales, 2015
- Solicitor of High Court of Australia, 2016
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University, 2015
- Bachelor of Commerce, Macquarie University, 2015
- Legal Practice Management, Law Society of NSW, 2019
- Member, Law Society of NSW