Property, Planning & Projects
I am an Associate in our Planning and Environment practice with experience in Local Government and Planning law. I have extensive experience in litigation in Class 1, 4 and 5 Appeals to the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales as well as the Local Court for both local councils and private clients. I have experience in providing advice to Local Councils and private clients on a wide range of issues such as refusal of development applications, judicial review proceedings, criminal prosecutions and civil enforcement matters.
Prior to working for Swaab, I worked as a solicitor for a Sydney firm where I acted for several large Council’s across New South Wales in both Local Court and Land and Environment Court proceedings.
I am fluent in spoken Arabic.
- Acting in Class 1 proceedings against Council’s refusal/deemed refusal to grant development consent for boarding houses, residential flat buildings, subdivisions and child care centres
- Acting in Local Court prosecutions for breaches of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Advising Local Councils on the validity of orders and notices
- Providing advice to Local Councils on the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
- Advising and acting for Local Councils in Class 4 civil enforcement proceedings
- Appearing in the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales in Class 5 criminal proceedings
- Advising and acting for developers in Class 1 appeals of orders issued by Local Councils
- Assisted in acting for Local Councils in appeals from the Land and Environment Court to the Court of Appeal
- Advising Local Councils on whether works can be carried out as exempt or complying development under the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
- Advising Local Councils on the issuing of Penalty Infringement Notices and enforcement options available for breaches of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Environment and Planning
- Local Government
Roles, Memberships & Education
- Master of Law (Family Law & Dispute Resolution), 2019
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2018
- Bachelor of Law, University of Technology, Sydney 2017
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, University of Technology, Sydney, 2017
- Member Law Society of NSW