We are pleased to be the contributor for the Australian chapter in this 2nd Edition of ‘A Global Roadmap to…
IP & Technology
With over 25 years experience I am respected transnational intellectual property, information technology and data protection lawyer. I act in transactions in which areas of intangible assets play a key role and how they interact with privacy laws. I appear in lists of the Best Lawyers of Australia publication and features in Doyle’s Guide Leading Intellectual Property Lawyer Ranking. I am also the co-author of the Thomson Reuters’ published texts Computer Contracts Principles & Precedents and Rennie’s International Computer and Internet Contracts and Law.
Recent matters in which I have been instructed included mandatory data breach scheme compliance, international trademark licences, alliance product launches, e‑publishing agreements, cloud computing contracts, pay television program deals, database licensing arrangements and merchant acquirer transactions.
- Commercial law
- Intellectual property
- Information technology,
- Media & entertainment laws.
Roles, memberships and education
- State chair (Qld) of the Law Council of Australia’s Intellectual Property committee
- Master of Laws degree
- Postgraduate qualifications in corporate governance through Chartered Secretaries Australia
- Member, Intellectual Property Committee (Business Law) Law Council of Australia
- Trademark Unit Lecturer, Master of Intellectual Property, QUT.