Plan­ning & Environment

Help when you need it


Our Plan­ning and Envi­ron­ment lawyers spe­cialise in a range of mat­ters relat­ing to the use of land, includ­ing obtain­ing approvals to build on and use land, the re-zon­ing of land, pol­lu­tion, and con­t­a­m­i­na­tion, land clear­ing and bio­di­ver­si­ty off­sets, land acqui­si­tion, and dis­putes with neighbours.

Our spe­cial­ist plan­ning and envi­ron­ment lawyers can also assist you if you are being inves­ti­gat­ed by the NSW Depart­ment of Plan­ning and Envi­ron­ment, NSW EPA or a local Coun­cil, or you need to com­mence or defend pro­ceed­ings in the Land and Envi­ron­ment Court of New South Wales. 

What are the 10 most com­mon­ly asked questions? 

  1. What are your options if a Coun­cil has refused your DA or has­n’t assessed it? 
  2. What if the gov­ern­ment wants to acquire your land – what are your rights? 
  3. What should you do if you have been issued with a Devel­op­ment Con­trol Order? 
  4. What are Bio­di­ver­si­ty Off­sets? What areas of your land can you clear of native veg­e­ta­tion? What is the process? 
  5. Com­ply­ing devel­op­ment cer­tifi­cate (CDC) ver­sus DA – tips and tricks. 
  6. Tree man­age­ment, prun­ing, and tree removal – know your rights. 
  7. Unrav­el­ling native veg­e­ta­tion maps, what are the land clear­ing codes, and is your land exempt?
  8. What is an Envi­ron­men­tal Pro­tec­tion Licence and do I need one? 
  9. Have you received a notice from the EPA regard­ing pol­lu­tion and contamination?
  10. What are Devel­op­ment Con­trol Orders issued by local coun­cils and the NSW DPE?

If you are faced with any of the above we can help, you can sim­ply com­plete the form below and one of our experts will con­tact you, or you can call us directly.

Call us today: +61 2 9233 5544