Planning and Environment lawyers specialise in a range of matters relating to the use of land, including obtaining approvals to build on and use land, the re-zoning of land, pollution, and contamination, land clearing and biodiversity offsets, land acquisition, and disputes with neighbours. Our specialist planning and environment lawyers can also assist you if you are being investigated by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment, NSW EPA or a local Council, or you need to commence or defend proceedings in the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales.
We are proud of the reputation we have as a leading team of experts in planning and environmental law. We are sought out by leading developers, local councils, government departments and private clients for our technical expertise and our reputation in providing strategic and practical advice to clients.
We have an enviable record of achieving successful outcomes for developers, government, and private clients in the Land and Environment Court of NSW, Supreme Court of NSW and NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Our experience affords us with unparalleled technical expertise and a unique understanding of the way in which government operates, ensuring that we can provide you with the best advice and the quickest pathway to resolving your matter.
- Our experience is extensive and includes:
- Obtaining and modifying development consents and other approvals needed to undertake projects
- Class 1 Development Appeals in the Land and Environment Court of NSW
- Pollution licensing and investigations conducted by the NSW EPA
- Land acquisition – compensation negotiations and appeals
- Land Clearing – advice and defence to prosecutions
- Tree disputes between neighbours regarding privacy, views and sunlight
- Biodiversity credits and biodiversity offset agreements
- Judicial review appeals in the Land and Environment Court of NSW
- Civil enforcement proceedings in the Land and Environment Court of NSW (Class 4 Appeals)
- Voluntary Planning Agreements
- Heritage and Native Title matters
- Water licensing
- Development Control Orders issued by local councils and the NSW DPE
- Investigations by regulators into alleged breaches of environmental legislation
- Crane swing and trespass advice