Building a future together
We recognise that to be successful in the practice of law in a complex environment, it is important for us to have an interest in and understanding of you and your businesses, a problem-solving, practical approach and a highly engaged, collaborative team supported by the most advanced and appropriate technology. We cover the gamut of services required to effectively carry out large scale transactions as well as support you in your day to day needs. This expertise includes property law, construction and engineering, planning, environment and government.
Property law experience
We have experience in providing transaction and advisory services to property owners, investors, landlords and tenants throughout Australia. We are sought out by leading land developers as well as government agencies for our expertise. We work with our clients to develop, negotiate and document deals.
We believe early involvement and understanding your needs minimises unexpected complications which can delay transactions. Based on our extensive industry experience, we offer you a full range of services and practical advice at a local and national level.
Planning, environment and government
We are proud of the reputation we have as a leading team of experts in land use planning & development, environment and government law. We are sought out by both leading land developers as well as government departments and agencies for our expertise and the practical application of our knowledge to facilitate commercial outcomes. We have an enviable record of achieving the desired objective for our clients.
Planning and Environment lawyers specialise in a range of matters relating to the use of land, including obtaining approvals to build on and use land, the re-zoning of land, pollution and contamination, land clearing and biodiversity offsets, land acquisition, and disputes with neighbours.
Construction and engineering
There are many things to consider when embarking on a construction or engineering project, for instance, the contract model must be appropriate for your circumstances. We can help you decide what procurement strategy is suitable for your project and assist you document and implement it, keeping a close eye on the protection of your business.
During the life-cycle of a project, we are on hand to provide advice and assistance to ensure you achieve your objectives. We are experienced in complex and difficult disputes, including mediation, expert determination, arbitration and construction and engineering litigation.
- Advice on shares and units in structures owning property assets
- Advice on complex property ownership structures
- Due diligence on property portfolios
- Drafting property joint ventures or partnerships
- Negotiating property joint ventures or partnerships
- Off-the-plan conveyancing
- Disposal / Acquisition of residential & commercial property
- Disposal / Acquisition of mixed-use property
- Disposal / Acquisition of Hotel or Hospitality/Licensed premises
- Disposal / Acquisition of rural and industrial property
- Disposal / Acquisition of vacant land for development
- Multi-residential – property development
- Multi-residential – sale or acquisition
- Land sub-divisions
- Water access licenses
- Leasing – Commercial, industrial, retail & franchise property
- Prepare strata titles for developments
- Prepare community titles for development
- Strata renewal
- Strata bloc deeds
- Advising Owners’ Corporations
- Strata schemes management compliance
- Development applications
- Environmental assessments
- Developer planning agreements
- Planning advice
- Planning appeals (Land & Environment Court)
- Security agreements – commercial property
- Registration of Mortgages & Personal property securities register (PPSR)
- Building and project management contracts
- Building defect claims
- Put and Call option deeds
- Liquor Licensing
- Consultancy Agreements
- Remedial Contract Drafting Construction
- Remedial Tender / Consultancy
- Access Deeds / Boundary Disputes
- Compulsory Acquisition Claims
- Judicial Review / Administrative Law
- Environmental Prosecutions