“As we continue to grow, this appointment comes at an exciting time for Swaab’s Strata and Property, Planning & Projects team…
Property, Planning & Projects, Strata
I am a lawyer with over twenty-five years of professional experience, I have worked on a large number of complex litigation matters and have a comprehensive understanding of commercial litigation. The areas of my practice include building and construction, commercial litigation, administrative and criminal law. My recent experience has been in large NSW Supreme Court claims over Home Building Act defects, a Supreme Court claim for unpaid company dividends, District Court claims over defective strata common property and strata leasehold building defects. I also have an excellent knowledge of conducting appeal cases in the superior appeal courts.
- NSW Supreme Court claim by owner against builder and developer for fraud and building defects which also involved three appeals by the builder’s side to the Court of Appeal.
- NSW Supreme Court claim by company shareholder against company for unpaid dividends of over $1 million.
- NSW District Court claim by bank customer against Citibank for breach of banking contract which also involved an appeal by the bank to the Court of Appeal.
- NSW Supreme Court claim by caterer against reception centre owner for interfering with contractual relations.
- Numerous merit review applications in tribunals regarding licensed occupations.
- Numerous disciplinary enquires in tribunals regarding real estate agents.
- Strata title disputes in tribunals.
- Local government law
- Environment and planning
- Commercial law
- Litigation and Dispute resolution
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Laws (University of New South Wales) 1984
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales