To our valued clients and friends As most of you will already know, as of the 1 July 2020 the staff of…
Property, Planning & Projects, Commercial, Estate Planning
I am a passionate commercial lawyer with over 30 years’ experience in a number of States of Australia and in the United Kingdom.
I advise on a wide variety of commercial transactions from small business owners to large scale, multi-jurisdictional deals for clients involving complex ownership structures, lease back arrangements and financing transactions for medium and large sized enterprises, including listed companies.
My business law experience includes advising on buying and selling companies and/or business assets of all sizes and complexities, drafting and negotiating shareholder and joint venture arrangements, advising on customer contracts including supply, distribution and exploitation agreements, and advising on business succession structuring.
My property law experience ranges from straight forward home purchase and sale for individual clients to the purchase and sale of fully and partially tenanted high-rise office towers, retail shops, agricultural farms and land development opportunities held as leasehold, freehold and strata title.
I also have extensive property leasing experience in the retail, commercial and industrial areas acting for both landlords and tenants throughout Australia. I currently advise a number of well-known national and international brands in their Australian property portfolios.
Business succession and estate planning run hand in hand with my private client practice and encompass Will preparation, buy/sell arrangements and asset protection strategies.
- Due diligence, sale and acquisition of businesses, shares and units
- Due diligence, sale and acquisition of individual residential and mixed-use, rural, commercial, retail and industrial property portfolios
- Property leasing
- Drafting and negotiating joint ventures, strategic alliances, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Family business succession, organisation and re-structuring
- Corporate advisory
- Personal and business structuring and asset protection
- Estate planning
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from QUT, 1989
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1989
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, 1993
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, 1994
- Queensland Justice of the Peace (Qualified), 2015
- Secretary, Manly Warringah Athletics Centre Incorporated, 2016 – present