Gender, pay and job insecurity Nicole Cini, Associate The gender pay gap for full time workers in Australia is currently…
I am an Associate in our Litigation practice, with experience in commercial, corporations, strata, construction and property disputes. I focus on helping clients resolve their disputes in a pragmatic and timely way.
Prior to joining Swaab, I was a tipstaff at the Supreme Court of New South Wales and also worked at the Attorney-General’s Department and at several large law firms in Sydney, Canberra and Singapore in areas of commercial litigation, government and regulatory law.
I am fluent in Malay, both spoken and written.
- Successfully acted for overseas trust in contractual dispute in arbitration proceedings where the arbitrator held our client was not obliged to pay a large leasing fee
- Assisted in acting for joint venture dispute involving development of property and partnership dispute, successfully settled matter without court proceedings to allow remaining parties to continue joint venture development
- Assisted in acting for creditor in proceedings involving administration of a leagues club
- Advising high net worth individuals in asset protection and bankruptcy/insolvency proceedings
- Advising and acting for owners corporation in building defects and negligence claims and strata disputes
- Advising and acting developers in building defects claims
- Advising and acting for landlord in rental and guarantor disputes in Queensland retail tenancy
- Acted for executors in settling claims against the estate and in complex application for judicial advice to establish charity at NSW Supreme Court
- Commercial law
- Corporations law disputes
- Strata and construction disputes
- Property and leasing disputes
Roles, memberships and education
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, 2017
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2017
- Masters of Law, University of Sydney (ongoing)
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), The Australian National University, 2015
- Law Exchange, Maastricht University, The Netherlands, 2013
- Member, Law Society of NSW