Swaab Attorneys Family Law Partner discusses the increase in activity in the family law at this time of the year in an article by Anne Fulwood.
“Early January, unfortunately, is a hive of activity in family law,” reveals attorney Marilyn Hauptmann. “The phone starts ringing in the first week with a lot of new inquiries.”
Read the complete article on-line.
If a decision has been taken to divorce, then here is a starter kit of documents you need to gather:
- Spouse’s/partner’s tax returns for at least the last three financial year
- Financial statements and tax returns for any companies, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds in which your spouse/partner has an interest in respect of the last three financial years..
- Trust Deeds in relation to all trusts and self-managed superannuation funds in which your spouse/partner has an interest.
- Bank statements and credit cards in relation to all accounts in the name of your spouse/partner and in the names of all companies in which your spouse/partner has an interest.
- Employment contract or letter of offer of employment of your spouse/partner