At the moment there are real concerns about current parenting orders and how they operate in the COVID-19 climate. It…
Marilyn Hauptmann comments on the uptick in family law matters at this time of the year
Swaab Attorneys Family Law Partner discusses the increase in activity in the family law at this time of the year in an article by Anne Fulwood.
“Early January, unfortunately, is a hive of activity in family law,” reveals attorney Marilyn Hauptmann. “The phone starts ringing in the first week with a lot of new inquiries.”
If a decision has been taken to divorce, then here is a starter kit of documents you need to gather:
- Spouse’s/partner’s tax returns for at least the last three financial year
- Financial statements and tax returns for any companies, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds in which your spouse/partner has an interest in respect of the last three financial years..
- Trust Deeds in relation to all trusts and self-managed superannuation funds in which your spouse/partner has an interest.
- Bank statements and credit cards in relation to all accounts in the name of your spouse/partner and in the names of all companies in which your spouse/partner has an interest.
- Employment contract or letter of offer of employment of your spouse/partner