Costs are an important consideration in all legal proceedings. Deceased estate litigation, however, often involves litigants with modest means, and…
Commercial, Corporate, Estate Planning, Franchising
I provide advice on a broad range of business transactions, including mergers, business sales and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. My clients benefit from my skills as a negotiator and expertise in creating structures for tax effectiveness and asset protection.
As part of our Estate Planning and Wealth Management practice, my experience includes asset protection, trusts, succession planning, analysing established structures, contested estates — including family provision matters, family asset arrangements, and preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardian documents.
I have advised clients in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, wholesale, transport, retail, construction materials, property and cosmetics.
I have extensive experience helping people protect their assets. I firmly believe that litigation is the last resort, not the first option. I understand the interrelation between estate litigation and other areas of law including family law, property law, business law, commercial law and insolvency.
- Due diligence, disposal and acquisition of businesses, shares and units
- Drafting and negotiating joint ventures, strategic alliances, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Drafting and negotiating loan documentation, finance and security arrangements and forbearance arrangements
- Family business succession, organisation and regulation
- Corporate advisory
- Personal and business structuring
- Estate planning, probate and estates
- Family businesses and family office services
Roles, memberships and education
- Master of Laws in commercial and tax law (LLM), 2007
- First class honours Bachelor of Laws (LLB), 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, 2000
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA)
- Member - The Tax Institute
- Member - STEP
- Specialist Accredited Adviser Member - Family Business Australia