What more could a famous celebrity with an impressive fortune want – a trade mark registration for their newborn children! Welcome to…
Commercial, IP & Technology, Franchising
As a member of Swaab’s corporate, commercial and intellectual property practice I am passionate about helping my clients achieve their goals. My focus is on business advice, corporate and commercial transactions, commercialisation of intellectual property rights and brand protection strategies.
Having completed legal secondments to Ramsay Health Care and the Liberal Party of Australia (NSW), I provide guidance and advice that is well-considered and commercial.
I have industry focuses in the pharmacy, health care, luxury goods, FMCG and technology spaces, and act for a number of multinational companies looking to expand into Australia, as well as a number of local SME and ASX listed companies looking to grow both here and overseas.
I was a finalist for ‘Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year’ at the 2019 Australasian Law Awards, having previously won the 2017 Lawyers Weekly ’30 Under 30′ Award for commercial law in Australia. I was also previously a finalist in the 2017 & 2016 Australian Law Awards for “Young Gun of the Year” and 2015 ’30 Under 30’ Awards.
In 2017, I was named ‘Australian Young Lawyer of the Year’ by the Law Council of Australia for not only my technical legal ability but also my contributions to the legal profession in the areas of wellbeing, diversity and inclusion.
- Drafting, prosecuting and advising on trade mark, certification mark and design applications in Australia and internationally
- Negotiating, advising and conducting on IP infringement actions
- Drafting IP licence and assignment documents includin software licenses, database and data transfer agreements
- Advising on brand protection strategies for domestic and multinational clients including managing trade mark portfolios
- Drafting and advising on sponsorship agreements, confidentiality agreements, service agreements, terms of trade and other commercial agreements
- Drafting and negotiating group procurement agreements and terms of trade
- Conducting all aspects of business sale transactions
- Providing corporate secretarial assistance and advice
- Drafting and advising on shareholder agreements and other corporate structure documents
- Drafting privacy policies and advising on privacy and data protection matters
- IP & Technology law
- Corporate & Commercial law
Roles memberships and education
- Juris Doctor, Law, University of New South Wales, 2012
- International Studies (Global), University of NSW, 2009
- Internationale Beziehungen, Politik und Gesellschaft, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany, 2009
- Member — Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member — Communications & Media Law Association (CAMLA)
- Executive Councillor — NSW Young Lawyers
- Director and and Co-Chair, The Aurora Group — A Ruby Foundation Ltd
- Member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the Law Society of NSW