On 28 July 2021, the Minister passed amendments to clause 24AB introduced on 18 July 2021 under the Public Health (Covid-19 Temporary Movement and Gathering Restrictions) Amendment (No 16) Order 2021 (the Orders), adding an additional clause to allow Contractors in the Greater Sydney area to perform recommissioning works on Construction Sites located outside the Local Government Areas of Blacktown, Canterbury Bankstown, Campbelltown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Georges River, Liverpool and Parramatta.
The amendments to include clause 24AB(1A) permit the following non-exhaustive list of works which may be carried out from 29 July 2021 onwards:
- Checking or maintaining installation or equipment,
- cleaning, waste removal or waste management,
- stocktaking or restocking,
- delivery of materials, or equipment,
- serving or installation of amenities,
- relocation on the construction site of plant or equipment,
- issuing permits or certificates,
- establishing arrangement or procedures to help protect persons from Covid-19,
- erecting fencing or hoarding,
- removing water,
- connecting power, fuel or services,
- Safety works,
- surveying or marking out.
Please note that actual construction works are still not permitted and that contractors should be cautious about works which may go beyond recommissioning or commencement works. We are anticipating a further amendment to be released shortly regarding constructions works outside the above LGA’s.
Further, if you also reside in one of the aforementioned LGA’s, please consult the following check list provided by the NSW Government to identify whether you are an authorised person permitted to leave your LGA for reasons provided in the Orders: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/authorised-workers