Several high-profile Australians have become embroiled in defamation cases in recent months. A publication about a person communicated to a third party…
Litigation, Insolvency, Strata
My experience includes commercial litigation, debt recovery, insolvency matters, building and construction disputes, property related disputes as well as disputes pertaining to restraints of trade. My focus is to help clients navigate through complex commercial disputes and achieve excellent outcomes.
- Acted for a property developer in its multi-million dollar claim on the Torrens Assurance Fund with respect to losses sustained as a result of an easement to park motor vehicles benefiting an adjoining property not being recorded on its title.
- Successfully defended a company director (both at first instance and on appeal) who was being sued for a substantial debt plus interest pursuant to an alleged guarantee contained in a Credit Account Application which he signed on behalf of his company.
- Appeared for a company that conducts a highly specialised civil construction business involving mainly underground directional drilling in an action for damages for defective work against a sub-contractor. The client was successful at both first instance an on appeal (to the Court of Appeal) and was awarded a substantial amount of damages by the Court as well as its costs.
- Acted for a steel fabricator who is defending an unfair preference claim for an amount exceeding $1 million in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Dispute resolution
Roles, memberships and education
- Admitted to practise as a solicitor in New South Wales in April 2011
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Wollongong, 2010
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Wollongong, 2010
- Member of the Law Society of NSW