Why did you become a lawyer? I grew up around the construction industry (4th generation on my mum’s side and 2nd…
Property, Planning & Projects, Strata
Admitted to practice in 2016, I have experience in construction and infrastructure law, focusing on front-end drafting and dispute resolution for SME’s, Residential Home-Owners and Developers.
Prior to commencing my legal career, I was a contractor and contract supervisor, working in both residential and large scale commercial construction projects and therefore have gained a unique understanding on what impacts every aspect of the contractor chain from the ground up.
- Advising and acting on behalf of individuals, SME’s and Corporations in respect of contractual damages claims and defect disputes (residential and commercial).
- Advising and acting on behalf of SME’s in Supreme Court Disputes in relation to the validity of Security of Payment determinations.
- Advising, drafting and disputing on adjudication claims, applications and responses in relation Security of Payment.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating amendments to Australian Standard building contracts for SME’s, Developers and Strata Schemes.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating amendments to HIA and MBA residential building contracts.
- Advising and drafting bespoke purchase order and supply agreements for SME’s and Residential Builders.
- Advising national lobbyists on significant amendments to the NSW Building and Construction Security of Payment Act.
- Advising and disputing various corporate and commercial matters in relation to supply agreements and brokering arrangements.
- Experience advising and preparing deeds of release, personal guarantees and terms of settlement.
- Construction law
- Commercial Law
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Law, University of New England, 2015.
- Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Writing), University of New England, 2015.
- Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, 2016.
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales.