Trina Francis – Partner, Family Law, specialising in family law, lawyer-assisted mediation and litigation will be joining our award winning…
Employment, Workplace Health and Safety
I am a lawyer specialising in employment and workplace relations. I have practiced in both large and boutique firms, working with clients from a range of backgrounds including employer associations, multinational corporations and SME businesses. I advise on all stages of the employment lifecycle, and have particular experience in issues regarding the engagement of employees, performance management, work health and safety, workplace investigations, disputes and termination of employment.
For part of my career I worked as a Senior Writer for a global legal publisher, Thomson Reuters, in the area of employment and industrial relations law. I have also presented seminars on developments in the employment and industrial law landscape, providing practical guidance on how to navigate this constantly evolving area.
- Drafting and interpreting employment documentation such as contracts of employment, contractor’s agreements, workplace policies and industrial instruments.
- Advising clients on the management of sick and injured workers, including providing advice on compliance with workers compensation and anti-discrimination legislation.
- Advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to equal opportunity and discrimination claims.
- Providing strategic advice in relation to right of entry issues.
- Working with clients to respond to investigations by external regulators.
- Acting on behalf of clients in the Fair Work Commission’s review of penalty rates as part of its four yearly review of modern awards.
- Employment law
- Workplace relations law
- Work Health and Safety
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Laws (Macquarie University)
- Bachelor of Media (Macquarie University)
- Member of the Law Society of NSW