Employers and employees alike need to be aware of important changes in the workplace relations space, effective 1 July 2022. From…
Employment, Workplace Health and Safety
I am a lawyer specialising in employment and workplace relations. I have practiced in both large and boutique firms, working with clients from a range of backgrounds including employer associations, multinational corporations and SME businesses. I advise on all stages of the employment life-cycle, and have experience in drafting employment contracts and policies, performance management and the management of disciplinary action, advice on the interpretation of industrial instruments such as modern awards and enterprise agreements, work health and safety and advising on termination of employment including employee entitlements and restraints. I have also been involved in running major litigation in the Fair Work Commission.
I pride myself on providing practical advice to clients and working collaboratively with them to resolve workplace issues as and when they arise.
For part of my career I worked as a Senior Writer for a global legal publisher in the area of employment and industrial relations law. I regularly publish articles, and have presented seminars, on developments in the employment and industrial law landscape.
- Drafting and interpreting employment documentation such as contracts of employment, contractor’s agreements, workplace policies and industrial instruments.
- Advising clients on the management of sick and injured workers, including providing advice on compliance with workers compensation and anti-discrimination legislation.
- Advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to equal opportunity and discrimination claims.
- Providing strategic advice in relation to right of entry issues.
- Working with clients to respond to investigations by external regulators.
- Acting on behalf of clients in the Fair Work Commission’s review of penalty rates as part of its four yearly review of modern awards.
- Employment law
- Workplace relations law
- Work Health and Safety
Roles, memberships and education
- Bachelor of Laws (Macquarie University)
- Bachelor of Media (Macquarie University)
- Member of the Law Society of NSW